Paul Revere Middle School
Middle School in Los Angeles, CA
Our school 1st opened its doors on September 12, 1955, as Palisades-Brentwood Junior High School. During our 1st year we chose Paul Revere as our permanent name, founded our student government, formed our service and honor organizations, and started many of the traditions which are now an accepted part of our school life. Beginning in September 1993, Paul Revere became a site of a new school program in addition to our fine regular school program. At that time, we earned a magnet school and our school name was changed to Paul Revere Middle School, Mathematics, Science and Technology Magnet Center. In 1994, Paul Revere became a Charter/LEARN School.
From Our Website
read moreIt is important for everyone to know what procedures we take in the event of a significant earthquake or other emergency situation. Below, are the various procedures/protocols put into place for the students and staff here at Revere. If there is a need to evacuate off campus, please look for communication from the school and/or district with details as to where the students have been evacuated. Once the off campus site has been established, there will be a Request Gate and Reunion Gate established.
read moreThe beautiful level valley surrounded by rolling hills, where our school is now located, was part of a land grant made by the Spanish Crown to Francisco Sepulveda, and named Rancho San Vicente. Before the land upon which Paul Revere Middle School sits became part of Spain, Mexico and finally the United States. The Tongva people lived here. The name San Vicente was given to a spring in the area by Father Crespi, the Spanish priest who accompanied Gaspar de Portola, Governor of Upper California, on his trip from San Diego to Monterey in 1769.