St Philomena School
Elementary School in Carson, CA
St. Philomena Elementary School, fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA) opened in September 1958 with Grades One through Four. An additional grade was added each year, with the 1st graduating class in 1963. By 1969, sixteen classes were in use with a total enrollment of 698. In 1972, at the request of the Archdiocese, the school started a phasing out process, starting with the First Grade, until the school was single-graded again by 1984.