York Discount Tire Center
Agricultural Contractor in Lubbock, TX
Ounded in 1937 by A. B. York on sixth Street in Amarillo, Texas. York Tire began out primarily selling used tires, tubes, retreads and delivering flat service. Accumulating 1000's of used tires through the years when World War II started, rubber became a hot commodity and A. B.s business really took off. In 1952 A. B. Moved his business to E. 27th Street where he operated his tire and retread shop until 1963. Marshall and Tommy York, his sons, purchased the business and moved it to tenth & Fillmore. In 1971, Marshall York acquired sole ownership and formed York Tire Co. .