Clear Springs Texas Seafood
Restaurant in San Antonio, TX
In the 1840's the Guadalupe and Comal River Valleys became focal points for the early German immigrant settlements. Among the earliest of the German communities was Clear Springs, named for a water source now covered by Lake Dunlap. The Land on which Clear Springs Restaurant now stands was originally surveyed by James Bowie, a hero of the Alamo, in 1825. Clear Springs Hall and Store was founded in 1873 for storing cotton. At the height of cotton production it was normal to see cotton wagons backed up long distances to be weighed.