Restaurant in Mesa, AZ
History comes alive from this vintage location. The distinctive gable roofed building which houses the Landmark Mesa Restaurant today, started its life in 1908 as a Mormon Church. Extension Road, the street that flanks the building's E side, had an open canal. Huge cottonwood trees grew on each side of the canal, with the branches touching in the heart. It was a favorite swimming spot for kids in the summer. The church was originally housed in what is now the main dining room of the Landmark.