Ticket in Albany, NY
The Theatre was opened in 1929 as the Madison Theater. Designed by theater architect, Thomas Lamb, it shares the same creator as Proctors Theater in Schenectady. It was operated as part of the Stanley Warner chain until 1975. After this, the theater was operated under private ownership. It was taken over by new owners in 1994, renamed the Norma Jean Madison Theater, and split into five auditoriums. The store front that was occupied by Claps Books was taken over by the theater and two more screens were added to this space.