Court House Seafood Restaurant
Seafood Market in Cambridge, MA
In 1912 Court House Seafood Market opened in the Portuguese community of East Cambridge. The Damaso family came here from Portugal and like many others found Court House Seafood Market to be a touch of home in their new land. Young Al Damaso's father asked the owner if he might have a job for his son. In 1967 Al bought the Market from the retiring Mr. Travis. Al expanded the range of the market, then came upon the idea of preparing the fish so local families would have a place to buy quality food that they did not have to cook at home.