Crockett County Museum
Museum & Art Gallery in San Angelo, TX
The Crockett County Museum became a reality in 1939. It was situated in the school until 1958 when it was moved to the Courthouse Annex. This historic building was originally the Methodist Church built in 1926 but burned in 1942. All that was left was the rock structure. It was then built into a hospital, which was there until 1956, when it became the Courthouse Annex. In 1998 the museum started restoration to occupy the three-story building. The museum is host to many events throughout the year.