Williams Memorial CME Church
Churches in High Point, NC
Williams Memorial C. M. E. Church (Originally named St. Matthews C. M. E. Church) had its humble beginning in 1926 at the home of Mr. Willie and Mrs. Hattie Boulware under the leadership of Rev. Leland and Presiding Elder W. D. Miller. A few people who had moved to this area were led to start a church when they could not find a familiar religious tradition in the area. On that day about eight persons met to consider the organization of a new C. M. E. Church. The charter members of the new congregation were Mr. And Mrs. Boss Love.